Wednesday, November 09, 2011

My lovely daughter was very upset that I didn't have a birthday cake on my birthday so we made one together and she decorated it for me.  Then she put candles on and sang happy birthday to mummy in Spanish and English.  And she has done this 3 nights in a row now!  Anyway the cake was/is delicious!  It is the Devil's Food Cake from the famous Magnolia Bakery (using rice milk) and we frosted it with the Orange Buttercream Frosting from the fantastic recipe book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  This book is incredible!




 You can see the gorgeous new paint colour in our sitting/dining room - it's Farrow & Ball Charleston Grey

Thankyou to my wonderful family in Australia for these gorgeous birthday flowers and to my wonderful family in London who also sent me some beautiful roses!  How special do you feel when you receive flowers!

Cute!

The hallway now has a POP of colour!  Was supposed to be more like chartreuse but I actually like it... alsmost lime!

The bedroom end of the house is now in a grey/mauve

Willow's girly stuff

Her new bedroom design, very workable (very Ikea!).  The rug came across from Tangier on the ferry when I was pregnant!


No comments: