Thursday, November 10, 2011

Isn't it funny how your tastebuds change as soon as the weather does!  My fridge was filled with salad leaves and salad veges ready to make quick lunches but now the thought of a salad just doesn't do it for me.  It's out with soup recipes.  Love them!  Here is a quick lunch when you need to warm up!  Spiced Moroccan Soup with the recipe from my guru Donna Hay...

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add 1 chopped onion (I used a red onion because that is all i had) and 2 cloves crushed garlic and cook for 5 mins.
Add 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 stick cinnamon, 2 teaspoons smoked paprika and 1 tablespoon harissa paste (I got mine at Iceland) and cook for 1 min. Add 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes, 1 x 400g can drained and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzos) and 1.5litres (6 cups) chicken stock (i used stock cube), bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins.  Top with yoghurt and coriander (cilantro) to serve.  MMMmm delish!

No comments: